Flagship Station - KMCI (38 the Spot)
Every Sporting Kansas City regular season MLS match will again be shown live in 2014. KMCI-TV (38 the Spot) will serve as the team's new local broadcast partner and will carry all non-nationally televised regular season matches. Owned by Scripps Media, Inc. , KMCI's plans include pre-game and post-game shows, as well as select Sporting Kansas City programming to air on sister station KSHB-TV (Kansas City's NBC affiliate).
SKCTV will feature eight affiliates for the team’s 2014 season with a broadcast area that reaches fans in nine states across the Midwest. The network will produce 23 games (all Sporting KC regular season matches not shown on national television) in 2014 to air on the following affiliates:
- KMCI (38 the Spot) – Carrying all 23 games as flagship station in Kansas City
- WIBW – Carrying all 23 games in Topeka, Kan. market
- KMTW – Carrying all 23 games in Wichita, Kan. market
- Cox Channel (Oklahoma) - Carrying all 23 games in Oklahoma City, Okla. and Tulsa, Okla. markets
- Cox Channel (Nebraska) – Carrying all 23 games in Omaha, Neb. market
- MyUTV – Carrying all 23 games in Sioux Falls, S.D. market (four will air same day on tape delay)
- MC22 – Carrying up to 20 games in markets across Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin (five will air on tape delay in select markets)
- KZOU – Carrying 16 games in Columbia, Mo. market
Sports Radio 810 WHB will also continue as the official radio partner of Sporting Kansas City through the 2014 season. The station -- with a listening audience that includes the states of Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska and Oklahoma - has carried Sporting Kansas City matches each of the last three seasons.
Since its formation in 1999, Sports Radio 810 WHB has grown to become one of the largest and most listened to sports radio stations in the country. The station first hosted the Kansas City Soccer Show in 2010 and has carried Sporting Kansas City matches each of the last two seasons.
All 2014 MLS matches will be broadcast on La Gran D 1340 AM, complete with 15-minute pre-game and post-game shows. Owned by the Reyes Media Group, La Gran D 1340 AM has served as the exclusive Spanish radio home of Sporting Kansas City for the past seven seasons.
Each month, SportingKC.com will provide a list of all the radio and television coverage available for Sporting Kansas City fans. Visit SportingKC.com/broadcastschedule for the latest information on live programming.