SKCTV expands reach to nine states
SKCTV will feature eight affiliates for the team’s 2014 season with a broadcast area that reaches fans in nine states across the Midwest, the club announced on Monday.
“The interest and demand for Sporting Kansas City matches continues to grow and we’re pushing the bar to provide a broadcast network that will bring our club and our stadium into living rooms throughout the Midwest,” said Chris Wyche, Sporting Kansas City's Executive Vice President of Operations and Executive Producer of SKCTV. “This will provide unprecedented brand exposure in the region and will showcase our games to fans far and wide while delivering quality programming for our partners.”
BROADCAST SCHEDULE: March 2014
Beginning this Saturday with the team’s MLS home opener, SKCTV will produce 23 games in 2014 to air on the following affiliates:
- KMCI (38 the Spot) – Carrying all 23 games as flagship station in Kansas City
- WIBW – Carrying all 23 games in Topeka, Kan. market
- KMTW – Carrying all 23 games in Wichita, Kan. market
- Cox Channel (Oklahoma) - Carrying all 23 games in Oklahoma City, Okla. and Tulsa, Okla. markets
- Cox Channel (Nebraska) – Carrying all 23 games in Omaha, Neb. market
- MyUTV – Carrying all 23 games in Sioux Falls, S.D. market (four will air same day on tape delay)
- MC22 – Carrying up to 20 games in markets across Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin (five will air on tape delay in select markets)
- KZOU – Carrying 16 games in Columbia, Mo. market
The club’s 11 MLS matches not available on SKCTV in 2014 will be nationally televised on NBCSN (7), ESPN (2) or ESPN2 (2).
SKCTV will feature the broadcast team of Callum Williams (play-by-play), Diego Gutierrez (commentator) and Jake Yadrich (sideline). On-site coverage for every home and away broadcast will feature 30-minute pre-game and 30-minute post-game shows.