When Sporting Kansas City kicks off their home opener tonight at 7:30 p.m. CT against the New England Revolution, a capacity crowd of more than 18,500+ is expected to be on hand at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park.
A limited number of seats are still available and in addition, Sporting Kansas City has now released standing-room only tickets for the match, available for $20 at Ticketmaster.com or at the LSP Box Offices.
The club’s last home match, the Eastern Conference Championship in the 2011 MLS Cup Playoffs, drew a record crowd of 20,839 and judging by the anticipation for tonight’s St. Patrick’s Day celebration at LSP, the atmosphere will rival any seen in the venue’s inaugural season a year ago.
The Members’ Stand sold out weeks in advance and will be filled by a Kansas City Cauldron that will announce the arrival of Sporting’s new season with three entries in the Kansas City St. Patrick’s Day Parade. All told, the Cauldron will send six buses full of supporters to LSP on Saturday afternoon to help set the scene with Sporting flags and banners.
The array of activities available for fans at the first home match includes:
- Special pre-game show on 610 Sports Radio from 6-7 p.m. CT
- Free 2012 schedule and car magnets for the first 10,000 fans, courtesy of match sponsor Sprint
- Brand new Sporting merchandise, including special St. Patrick’s Day scarves, on sale throughout LSP
- Pre-game fireworks and flyover in conjunction with national anthem
- Halftime performance by OMM Academy of Irish Dance
- A postgame party in the Members’ Club with Slimfast from 96.5 the Buzz, featuring ticket giveaways and food specials
Season Ticket Members will also have their first opportunity to use their new membership cards for entry into LIVESTRONG Sporting Park on Saturday. All fans are encouraged to check-in at LSP using Sporting Explore and take advantage of the app’s live play and trivia features.
Additionally, Foursquare users who follow Sporting Kansas City can unlock the club’s badge and receive tips to enhance the gameday experience in-venue.
Can’t make it to the match? Watch all the action live locally on KSMO-TV, beginning with a 30-minute pre-game show, or tune in from outside the KC market on MLS Direct Kick or MLS Live.