Sporting Kansas City defenders Chance Myers and Aurelien Collin will team up with MLS W.O.R.K.S. for Soccer Kicks Cancer’s Movember 2012 Campaign. Movember is a moustache-growing campaign that raises funds and awareness for men’s health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives. Myers and Collin will begin growing their moustaches on Thurs., Nov. 1 and invite fans to join them in their hairy quest.
How to register:
- Click here to go to the Sporting KC page
- Click Join to register
- Once you’re registered, you can take advantage of Movember’s available resources to customize your MO SPACE page and solicit additional members to join your team and support your efforts.
Myers and Collin’s mustaches will be documented on social media and the blog throughout the month-long campaign and fans are encouraged to Tweet/Facebook pictures of their moustache to Sporting KC.
All 19 clubs in the MLS will be represented in the campaign and MLS W.O.R.K.S. will match funds raised by the highest individual fundraiser in the MLS Network (individual person, not team). The funds raised support prostate cancer and testicular cancer initiatives. The funds raised are directed to programs run directly by Movember and their men’s health partners, the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG Foundation.
The highest fundraiser will also receive the Soccer Kicks Cancer Prize Pack, which includes:
- One (1) $500 VISA Gift Card
- One (1) Panasonic Shave Kit (includes 5-cutting blade system shaver, Body Shaver, Beard & Hair Trimmer and Nose & Ear Trimmer – a $785 value)
- One (1) copy of FIFA Soccer 13
MLS W.O.R.K.S. is looking forward to seeing those ‘MOs and beating the 2011 total funds raised of $45,000!