Give it up for #SKCNation, now more than 100,000 strong on Sporting Kansas City's official Google+ page. The club's followers on the platform moved into six digits today and to commemorate the occasion, we're launching our official Google+ Community and hosting a Google+ Hangout with Sporting Club CEO Robb Heineman at 4:30 p.m. CT on Tuesday. Submit your questions for @RobbHeineman by becoming a member of the Sporting KC Google+ Community and joining the conversation ahead of Tuesday's Google+ Hangout.
Sporting Kansas City's social media presence continues to reach new levels with approximately 300,000 users engaged with the team across all social platforms. The leading four social channels?
Find more metrics below for the club's growing popularity on Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare:
- Averaging 4-5% growth on Twitter month-over-month with more than 4,000 retweets, 2,000 favorites, 1,300 at replys and 5,500 mentions on average per month.
- Averaging 2-3% growth on Facebook month-over-month with more than 36,000 likes, 1,800 comments and 1,700 shares on average per month.
- Sporting KC boasted highest engagement on Facebook among all MLS clubs in April at 52%.
- Seventy-five percent of all Sporting KC Facebook followers are between the ages of 13-34.
- Averaging 1-2% growth on Foursquare month-over-month with nearly 150 likes on tips and/or checkins.