2013 Transaction Tracker
|Players In||Players Out|
|Josh Gardner (trade)||Julio Cesar (waived)|
|Benny Feilhaber (trade)||Cyprian Hedrick (waived)|
|Ike Opara (trade)||Konrad Warzycha (waived)|
|Yann Songo'o (signing)||Nevan Markovic (waived)|
|Claudio Bieler (signing)||Michael Harrington (trade)|
|Mikey Lopez (SuperDraft)||Korede Aiyegbusi (option not exercised)|
|Christian Duke (Supplemental Draft)||Roger Espinoza (out of contract)|
|Mechack Jerome (signing)||Bobby Convey (trade)|
|Erik Palmer-Brown (signing)||Yann Songo'o (contract terminated)|
|Jimmy Medranda (loan)||Michael Thomas (trade)|
|Brendan Ruiz (signing)||Kei Kamara (transfer)|
|Federico Bessone (signing)|
Offseason Transaction Timeline
- November 19: Sporting Kansas City waives four players and does not select any players in the waiver draft.
- December 3: Sporting Kansas City trades Michael Harrington to Portland Timbers for allocation money and does not exercise option on Korede Aiyegbusi.
- December 5: Sporting Kansas City acquires Josh Gardner from Montreal Impact in exchange for highest second round pick in 2013 MLS SuperDraft.
- December 11: Sporting Kansas City acquires Benny Feilhaber from New England Revolution for natural first round pick in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft, and natural second round pick in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft.
- December 12: Sporting Kansas City re-signs Matt Besler.
- December 12: Sporting Kansas City acquires Ike Opara from the San Jose Earthquakes for natural second round draft prick in 2013 MLS SuperDraft.
- December 13: Sporting Kansas City signs Yann Songo'o.
- December 18: Sporting Kansas City signs Claudio Bieler, the fourth Designated Player in club history.
- January 1: Roger Espinoza joins Wigan Athletic (English Premier League)
- January 17: Sporting Kansas City selects Mikey Lopez (14th overall) in the MLS SuperDraft.
- January 22: Sporting Kansas City selects Christian Duke, Brian Fekete, Mitchell Cardenas, and Mike Reidy in the MLS Supplemental Draft.
- January 30: Sporting Kansas City loans Kei Kamara to Norwich City (English Premier League)
- February 28: Sporting Kansas City signs Christian Duke and Mechack Jerome
- March 14: Sporting Kansas City loans Jon Kempin, Dom Dwyer, Christian Duke, and Yann Songo’o to Orlando City SC.
- May 6: Kei Kamara returns to Sporting Kansas City upon completion of his loan agreement with Norwich City.
- May 16: Sporting Kansas City trades Bobby Convey to Toronto FC for their natural third round pick in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft.
- June 27: Sporting Kansas City recalls forward Dom Dwyer from loan to Orlando City Soccer Club.
- June 28: Sporting Kansas City and on-loan defender Yann Songo’o mutually agree to part ways.
- June 28: Sporting Kansas City re-signs midfielder Graham Zusi to new contract.
- July 2: Sporting Kansas City trades Michael Thomas to Toronto FC in exchange for Toronto FC’s natural second round pick in the 2015 MLS SuperDraft.
- July 11: Sporting Kansas City loans C.J. Sapong and Kevin Ellis to Orlando City Soccer Club.
- August 2: Sporting Kansas City signs Erik Palmer-Brown as Homegrown Player.
- August 9: Sporting Kansas City acquires Jimmy Medranda and Brendan Ruiz.
- September 2: Kei Kamara transfers to Middlesbrough FC (Football League Championship)
- September 13: Sporting Kansas City signs defender Federico Bessone