Information updated on August 23, 2020
CLUB COMMUNICATIONS CONTACTS
|Rob Thomson||Sam Kovzan||Patrik Bergabo||Kurt Austin|
Please contact email@example.com to be added to the club's distribution list for press releases (e.g. match previews, match recaps, player transactions, etc.) and media advisories (e.g. asset alerts, weekly schedules, media availabilities, etc.).
Sporting Kansas City will credential a limited number of media members at Children's Mercy Park for upcoming home matches due to COVID-19. All credential applications must be submitted no later than 48 hours prior to a match. Visit SportingKC.com/credential to submit a media credential application.
Please note that full season media credentials previously issued are no longer valid and will not permit entry to Children's Mercy Park.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Sporting Kansas City is committed to providing a safe environment for all guests at Children's Mercy Park. The following health and safety measures for media members in attendance at Sporting KC matches were developed in consultation with infectious disease experts, government health authorities and league/club medical officials to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure, contraction and transmission.
- Cleaning and sanitization of media areas will be conducted in accordance with CDC and EPA guidance, including high touch surfaces and air ventilation/filtration
- Designated point of entry and exit for all credentialed media via Media Will Call, located at the Toyota Plaza Box Office on the west side of the stadium; staff will be available to escort media members to and from their designated positions
- Arrival screening for media members to include a temperature check by a contactless thermometer and a standardized questionnaire
- Pre-made meals will be provided to media upon request in individually packaged containers in takeout form
- Media will be required to wear a face mask at all times, except when eating/hydrating, while on stadium premises; face masks will be available upon request
- Physical distancing protocols will be in place for media to maintain at least six feet of social distance from other guests while inside the stadium
- Physical contact (e.g. hand shakes, fist bumps, high fives, hugs, etc.) is discouraged among guests and individuals are encouraged to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth
- Guests are encouraged to wash their hands frequently; hand sanitizer and other personal hygiene supplies will be available in all media areas
- All media areas will be paperless; digital resources will be available for lineups, statistics, game notes, etc.
- Restricted areas will be denoted and include the field, field perimeter, locker rooms and other spaces occupied by essential personnel to avoid any close proximity with players, technical staff, officials and other select staff (e.g. individuals wearing green or yellow lanyards)
- Photographers, videographers and ENG crews will be provided designated seats on the east and west sides of the stadium. These seats will be located at least six feet apart and at least 10 feet from all spectators. Videographers and ENG crews can film the first 15 minutes of each half per MLS policy.
- Photographers and ENG crews may shoot from the concourse or Toyota Plaza while maximizing social distance (at least six feet) from spectators
- Postgame press conferences will be conducted approximately 15 minutes after the match with players and coaches from both teams available for fully remote video Q&A sessions; no media will be permitted in or near the press conference rooms. Media in attendance at matches who would like to participate in the video conferences are encouraged to bring a compatible device and head phones. A video recording of the press conference as well as a transcribed quote sheet will be made available to media.
- There will be no postgame locker room access for media. All interviews with players and technical staff will take place remotely. Postgame soundbites from players and Manager Peter Vermes will be shared with media following the match.
- Interviews with fans must be conducted outside the stadium gates.
- The pool reporter process for asking questions of the match official will be conducted via email.
All credentialed media members will park in the Blue 1 or Blue 2 lots at Kansas Speedway. No parking pass is required. The lots will open three hours prior to kick off and close two hours following the match. Upon arrival, media will proceed to Media Will Call, located at the Toyota Plaza Box Office on the west side of the stadium, to pick up a credential/lanyard, photo bib (if applicable) and meal (if requested). Media Will Call will open two hours prior to kick off. Media will enter the Toyota Plaza through the adjacent gate, where they will complete their screening (questionnaire, temperature and security checks) and be escorted to their assigned position inside the stadium.
Photographers, videographers and ENG crews will also have access to the Photo Work Room located in the south tunnel of the stadium or the Press Box Lounge on the fifth floor of the stadium. The Photo Work Room is accessible by taking the stadium concourse to the Press Entry on Toyota Plaza, then taking the media elevator to the first floor and taking a right off the elevator and a right down the tunnel. The Press Box Lounge is accessible by taking the stadium concourse to the Press Entry on Toyota Plaza, then taking the media elevator to the fifth floor and taking a right off the elevator and a right at the door.
Photo marshals will be available to assist photographers, videographers and ENG crews near field level. Sporting Kansas City communications staff will be available to assist media members in the press box.
Sporting KC game notes will be available two days prior to each match. Match highlights, training broll, photos and soundbites are available on Imagen at mls.imagencloud.com for registered media users to preview, clip and download. Additional assets are available via MLS Communications on the Media Resources section of MLSsoccer.com, including MLS press releases and updated stats/standings.
COMPASS MINERALS NATIONAL PERFORMANCE CENTER
Per Major League Soccer policy, access to Compass Minerals National Performance Center is restricted to essential staff only at this time. Sporting Kansas City will provide photos, video footage and soundbites from team training sessions for media use.