Sporting Kansas City announced today that the club has acquired $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) for the 2021 season from D.C. United in exchange for a 2020 international roster spot.
General Allocation Money can be used in the following circumstances:
- To buy down a player’s Salary Budget Charge.
- To sign players new to MLS (that is, a player who did not play in MLS during the previous season).
- To re-sign an existing MLS player.
- To off-set acquisition costs (loan and transfer fees).
- In connection with the extension of a player's contract for the second year provided the player was new to MLS in the immediately prior year.
- To reduce the Salary Budget Charge of a Designated Player to a limit of $150,000.
- To reduce the Salary Budget Charge of a player whose Salary Budget Charge exceeds the Maximum Salary Budget Charge to a limit of $150,000.
Riding a two-game winning streak and occupying third place in the Western Conference, Sporting Kansas City (8-5-2, 26 points) will return to Children’s Mercy Park on Sunday to host expansion side Nashville SC (4-5-6, 18 points). Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m. CT with tickets available at SeatGeek.com and live coverage on FOX Sports Kansas City, FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO, ESPN 94.5 FM and La Grande 1340 AM.
Transaction: Sporting Kansas City (MLS) acquires $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) for the 2021 season from D.C. United (MLS) in exchange for a 2020 international roster spot.