The Sporting KC Show Podcast, dropping throughout the season on Sports Radio 810 WHB, is now available on Spotify and iTunes. With Nate Bukaty and Carter Augustine hosting the weekly program, Sporting fans now have a place to go to catch up on club storylines, player achievements, guest interviews and more.
With a momentous weekend for club and country in the books, hosts Nate Bukaty and Carter Augustine had plenty to talk about in the newest episode of The Sporting KC Show Podcast.
News flash: the United States Women’s National Team steamrolled to World Cup glory—suing their platform as a means of prompting social change in the process—and during the entirety of their run to the title, Kansas City stood out like no other city in the country. Thousands of fans flocked to the Kansas City Live! Block for electric World Cup watch parties, mesmerizing viewers across the country and around the globe.
Elsewhere, the U.S. Men’s National Team fell just short against rivals Mexico in the Concacaf Gold Cup Final on Sunday night, just hours after the U.S. Women had defeated Netherlands in the World Cup Final.
On a local level, Sporting Kansas City secured a vital 1-0 home win over the Chicago Fire on Saturday night thanks to an early goal from Yohan Croizet. Having jumped from 12th to 10th place in the Western Conference table, the impetus remains on Sporting to collect a positive result on the road when they visit Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday night.
Bukaty and Augustine also welcomed a pair of guests, first hearing from Sporting midfielder Gedion Zelalem. The former U.S. international, still only 23 years old, started in the defeat of Chicago and turned in arguably his best performance in a Sporting uniform to date.
Sporting KC social media manager Olivia Brestal also joined the show, sharing insights on her exciting role and the keys to building a strong social presence in the sports world.
- 2:40 – Sporting got back on track with a major result against Chicago in what felt like a must-win game.
- 9:40 – The hosts reflect on Kansas City’s riveting World Cup watch parties, which drew upwards of 10,000 people and ranked among the largest on the planet during the Women’s World Cup.
- 15:30 – Gedion Zelalem joins the show and reflects on the progress he has made since joining Sporting in early March.
- 22:10 – Zelalem looks back on his days at storied English Premier League club Arsenal FC, where he played under legendary manager Arsene Wenger.
- 28:40 – Sporting KC social media manager Olivia Brestal shares her backstory and describes the ins and outs of running the club’s social media channels.
Listen to the full podcast below.
Saturday’s match in Vancouver will kick off at 9 p.m. CT with live coverage on FOX Sports Kansas City Plus, FOX Sports Midwest Plus, FOX Sports GO, Sports Radio 810 WHB and ESPN Deportes KC 1480 AM. The game will also be joined in progress on the main FOX Sports Kansas City channel upon conclusion of Kansas City Royals baseball.