Behind every successful team is a strong coach to lead it to victory. During his eight-year tenure with Kansas City, Gansler won 95 games, including an MLS Cup, Supporters' Shield and a Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup to go along with MLS Coach of the Year honors in 2000. Respected by his players, he made a strong impact on the Kansas City soccer franchise and has set a precedent for coaches that follow in his path. As a player, Gansler earned 25 caps and was the captain of the 1967 Pan American Games and 1968 Olympic Games. He was inducted into the National Soccer Hall of Fame in 2012.
- Head coach for eight seasons (1999-2006)
- 95 wins (MLS regular and postseason)
- 2000 MLS Cup champion
- 2000 Supporters' Shield champion
- 2000 MLS Coach of the Year
- 2004 U.S. Open Cup champion
- 25 caps for the United States including Pan American and Olympic Games *