Sports Medicine Report is SportingKC.com’s look at the latest health update around the team ahead of upcoming matches and is presented by Children’s Mercy Kansas City.
All details listed are from the teams' official player availability reports submitted approximately three days prior to the match.
Sporting Kansas City continues the club’s campaign in the Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs tonight when the squad travels east to take on cross-state rivals St. Louis in the Round One Best-of-3 series opener at Citypark.
One change has been made to Sporting’s Sports Medicine Report from Wednesday’s Wild Card victory over San Jose, as left back Tim Leibold has been upgraded from out to questionable.
#STLvSKC Sports Medicine Report
Sporting Kansas City
- Defender Jake Davis (knee sprain)
- Defender Tim Leibold (groin injury)
- Midfielder Erik Thommy (calf injury)
- Forward Alan Pulido (foot injury)
- Forward Johnny Russell (groin injury)
- Defender Kortne Ford (Achilles surgery)
- Defender Kayden Pierre (hamstring injury)
- Midfielder Rasmus Alm (sports hernia)
Kickoff is set for 9 p.m. CT (9:25 p.m. CT actual kick) and will be available to stream for free in English and Spanish on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV, while FS1 and FOX Deportes will televise the match nationally. Sports Radio 810 WHB (English) and La Grande 1340 AM (Spanish) will carry the game locally on the radio.