The Kansas City Wizards, having already arranged an extensive amount of entertainment opportunities, announced today further benefits for ticket holders to Thursday's contest against the Los Angeles Galaxy, sponsored by M&I Bank. Benefits apply to those who have already purchased tickets, as well as anyone who buys tickets from now until game time.
"We have now received official confirmation that David Beckham will not appear at the game this Thursday," Executive Vice President Greg Cotton said. "The Wizards realize that David Beckham was a big draw to this game, but his unfortunate injury will not deter from the gameday experience. Our fans are the number one priority for this organization and we are going to offer many exciting pre-game, halftime, and post-game festivities on Thursday. We look forward to their support at a game with major playoff implications."
The following benefits have been offered by the Kansas City Wizards for the game this Thursday, September 27th, at 7:00pm:
- Parking is free.
- Buy one playoff ticket, get one free playoff ticket for the first home playoff game. This two-for-one offer can be redeemed by bringing the ticket stub from the Wizards versus Galaxy game on 9/27/07 to (A) the Wizards front office at 8900 State Line Road from September 28th through the first playoff game or (B) bringing the 9/27/07 ticket stub to Arrowhead Stadium on the day of the first playoff game.
- A drawing for three kids to have a Wizards starting player (as chosen by the Wizards staff) visit their school; date TBD. All kids 14 and under can register, with an adult, at one of the three Fan Information booths inside Arrowhead Stadium.
The Wizards have already arranged for numerous attractions surrounding the match, including an expanded soccer celebration east of the stadium (which includes 40 booths), NASCAR driver David Ragan signing autographs before the game, a performance by the band Liverpool: A Tribute to the Beatles, a special pre-game tribute to Galaxy midfielder Cobi Jones and much more. The first 10,000 fans into the stadium will receive blue and white thundersticks courtesy of game-sponsor M&I Bank, and the game ball will be delivered to mid-field by jet pack. After the game there will be a fireworks show and then Wizards players signing autographs.
The match promises to be the most exciting Wizards match of the season as the team pushes to secure a spot in the 2007 MLS Cup Playoffs. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid traffic entering the stadium and catch all the pre-game festivities. Timing for the game is as follows:
- Parking lots open: 3:30 p.m.
- Soccer Celebration: 4-7 p.m.
- Liverpool (A Tribute to the Beatles): 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Stadium gates open: 5:30 p.m.
- Players warm-up: 6:05-6:43 p.m.
- Cobi Jones tribute: 6:45 p.m.
- Jet-pack delivers game ball: 6:58 p.m.
- Kickoff: 7 p.m.
- Fireworks show: 9 p.m. (approx.)
- Wizards autograph session: 9:15-9:45 p.m. (approx.)
- Post-game celebration at Martini Corner: 10 p.m. - close
After the match, Wizards players are scheduled to appear at Martini Corner (31st and Gillham) for drink and appetizer specials available for those with a ticket stub. Tickets are still available for the game at kcwizards.com or at any Ticketmaster outlet. All additional benefits listed above will be available for any fans that purchase tickets and attend Thursday.