Sporting Kansas City announced on Friday the affiliates that will comprise the Sporting Kansas City Television Network in 2015. Entering its fourth year, the SKCTV Network includes eight affiliates across six states.
"The Sporting KC Television Network continues to offer quality programming to affiliates throughout the Midwest," said Chris Wyche, Sporting KC's Executive Vice President of Operations and Executive Producer of the Sporting KC Television Network. "We strongly believe that with our new broadcast team and the plans we have for the broadcast, we will provide a great viewing experience that connects our viewers with the excitement of attending a game in person."
Beginning this Saturday with the team's MLS road opener, the Sporting Kansas City Television Network will produce 27 games in HD to air on the following affiliates:
- KMCI (38 the Spot) - Carrying all 27 games as flagship station in Kansas City
- KZOU - Carrying 24 games in Columbia, Mo. market
- Cox Channel (Kansas) - Carrying up to 24 games live across select Kansas markets including Topeka and Wichita
- Cox Channel (Oklahoma) - Carrying up to 24 games live in Oklahoma City, Okla. and Tulsa, Okla. markets
- Cox Channel (Nebraska) - Carrying up to 24 games live in Omaha, Neb. market
- Cox Channel (Arkansas) - Carrying up to 24 games in Northwest Arkansas
- MC22 - Carrying 24 games in markets across Kansas, Missouri and Iowa
- Lake City Channel 32 – Carrying 23 games live in more than 100,000 homes in the Lake of the Ozarks
The club's 10 MLS matches not available on the Sporting Kansas City Television Network in 2015 will be nationally televised on FOX Sports 1 (4), ESPN2 (3) or UniMas (3). All matches in UniMas will also be broadcast in English locally on 38 the Spot. Each month, a complete schedule including which affiliates will carry which broadcasts will be updated at SportingKC.com/BroadcastSchedule.
The Sporting Kansas City Television Network will feature the broadcast team of Nate Bukaty (play-by-play), Andy Gruenebaum (commentator), Jake Yadrich (lead analyst) and Kacie McDonnell (network host). On-site coverage for every home and away broadcast will feature 30-minute pregame and 30-minute postgame shows.