Since the launch of The Victory Project in 2013, the foundation has maintained its mission to help children battling cancer and all of life’s challenges. In 2015, the foundation reached new heights with the introduction of several new fundraising events including: Yoga on the Pitch, The SKC Open, Celebrity Bartending and the 4-3-3 In-stadium raffle.
With the funds raised from these events the foundation was able to impact the lives of children all over the metro. Below are a just a few of the programs executed this year:
- Hosted second annual Red Cross Blood Drive and potentially saved over 483 lives
- Partnered with TeamSmile to provide 230 underserved children with free dental care
- Honored a child battling cancer during every home game and invited all previous honorees back for National Childhood Cancer Awareness Night.
- Opened four new futsal court locations in Wyandotte County – providing a safe place for kids to play
- More than 420 elementary school students completed the Sporting Active Readers Program
- Hosted a home/away series of Special Olympics Exchange Games
- Granted a wish for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and 9-year-old Vince Pham
- Collected and Distributed more than $50,000 worth of gently used soccer equipment through Recycle Your Game program
- Engaged Sporting Wives and Girlfriends and hosted two Pink Party events at Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Hosted “Day of Play” with Fat Brain Toys and Mimi Z’s Yoga
Moving into 2016, we are very excited to continue working to help children in Kansas City and look forward to continue working with our new Stadium Partner – Children’s Mercy Hospital.