Here's an in-depth look at Sporting KC's 1-0 loss to the San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday, diving into the major stats, records and milestones.
Sporting KC Team Facts
- Sporting KC fell 1-0 to the San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday.
- Sporting KC made one change to the starting lineup as Graham Zusi recovered from illness to replace Jimmy Medranda.
- Since 2004, the home team in the #SJvSKC series is 18-1-2 in all competitions, with the lone road win coming last August when San Jose won at Children's Mercy Park.
- Seven of the last eight #SJvSKC fixtures have been decided by a goal or less.
- During Sporting KC's 16-game regular season winless streak in San Jose, the last 13 games have decided by a goal or less.
- Sporting KC outshot the Earthquakes 13-9 on Sunday and maintained 52 percent possession.
Sporting KC Players Facts
- Matt Besler, Benny Feilhaber and Amadou Dia all received yellow cards on Sunday.
San Jose Team Facts
- Sporting KC has not won in San Jose since Aug. 16, 2000. The Earthquakes have gone 13-0-5 in home meetings ever since (including playoffs).
- With the win, San Jose (14 points) jumps past Sporting Kansas City (12 points) in the Western Conference standings.
San Jose Player Facts
- Chris Wondolowski converted the game-winner in the 59th minute on Sunday from the penalty spot.
- Wondolowski now has eight goals in 11 regular season games versus Sporting KC.
- The goal was Wondolowski's MLS-leading 7th goal in 2016.
- Less than a minute into the game, Anibal Godoy received a yellow card for a reckless tackle on Dom Dwyer.
- Sporting KC returns to the pitch on Wednesday when they face Vancouver Whitecaps FC at 9:30 p.m. CT on 38 The Spot and SKCTV.