Here's an in-depth look at Sporting KC's 2-0 victory over FC Dallas on Sunday, diving into the major stats, records and milestones.
Sporting KC Team Facts
- Sporting Kansas City defeated FC Dallas 2-0 at Children’s Mercy Park on Sunday.
- Peter Vermes made one change to the starting XI from Wednesday’s U.S. Open Cup victory as Tim Melia was back in between the posts.
- Sunday marked the 100th MLS match at Children’s Mercy Park (including playoffs).
- The home side in the Sporting KC vs. FC Dallas series is 7-0-2 in the last nine meetings across all competitions.
- Sporting KC and FC Dallas have combined to score 25 goals in their last six meetings (all competitions). The home team has won all six.
- Sporting KC exploded for 13 goals in three home games versus FC Dallas last season, winning by multiple goals each time. Sunday was no different as Sporting KC earned the 2-0 victory.
- Sporting KC has scored in 12 straight games versus FC Dallas.
Sporting KC Player Facts
- Lawrence Olum made his 50th MLS start on Sunday afternoon (including playoffs).
- Olum scored the opening goal on Sunday in the 43rd minute. His last goal was also against FC Dallas on April 17.
- Benny Feilhaber earned the assist on Olum's goal and then scored one himself as he converted a penalty kick in the 45th minute of the match.
- Since the start of MLS in 2015, Benny Feilhaber has scored four MLS goals against FC Dallas, his most versus any team.
- With the goal and assist on Sunday, Feilhaber has now scored three goals and tallied three assists during the 2016 MLS regular season.
- Roger Espinoza led all starters from Sunday's match with 90.2 percent passing accurary (37 out of 41 successful).
FC Dallas Team Facts
- FC Dallas won its first game at Children’s Mercy Park in 2011 but has gone 0-5-1 since then with five goals scored and 18 allowed (all competitions).
- FC Dallas has scored in 15 of their last 17 matches against Sporting KC, but failed to do so Sunday.
- Children's Mercy Park welcomed 18,927 people to Sunday's match, marking the 79th consecutive MLS sellout at the stadium.
- Sporting KC returns to the pitch on Saturday to face the Montreal Impact at Stade Saputo.