Couldn't make it to the Sporting KC Fan Forum on Tuesday night at No Other Pub? You're in luck.
Listeners can catch the hour-long question-and-answer session below courtesy of Sports Radio 810 WHB, the official radio partner of Sporting KC that broadcast the event live. Fans in attendance and viewers on Facebook Live submitted questions to Sporting KC CEO/President Jake Reid as well as captain Matt Besler, winger Johnny Russell and forward Daniel Salloi.
The quartet discussed a variety of compelling topics on Tuesday alongside host Nate Bukaty over the course of 60 fast-paced minutes. Reid touched on each of the following, giving supporters sharp insight as the club continues to navigate the 2018 campaign:
- How Sporting KC keeps pace in the MLS arms race for international, Designated Player-level talent
- The club's likelihood of signing a new striker this summer
- The likelihood of national teams and international competitions coming to Kansas City in the near future
- The club's sponsorship developments this season
- The timetable for Felipe Gutierrez's sports hernia injury
- Kansas City's push to be a host city for the 2026 FIFA World Cup
After wrapping up Reid's portion of the forum, Bukaty welcomed Besler, Russell and Salloi, who all shared their own stories, experiences and reflections as pro players in different stages of their respective careers. Among the talking points:
- The best opponents and toughest venues the players have come across
- Sporting KC's improved scoring pedigree in 2018
- How MLS compares in quality to the English Championship
- What Russell and Salloi like and dislike about Kansas City
- Sporting KC's locker room traditions and new-player initiations
- The funniest thing to happen inside the locker room this year
Listen to the full Fan Forum podcast below, or click here to watch the event in its entirety via Facebook Live.
LISTEN: Full audio of Sporting KC Fan Forum