The Sporting KC Show, held throughout the season on Sports Radio 810 WHB, is now available on Spotify and iTunes. With Nate Bukaty and Carter Augustine hosting the weekly program, Sporting KC fans now have a place to go to catch up on club storylines, player achievements, guest interviews and more.
The 2018 season finale of the Sporting KC Show Podcast dropped Wednesday as hosts Nate Bukaty and Carter Augustine caught up with Sporting KC veterans Matt Besler, Roger Espinoza, Tim Melia, Seth Sinovic and Graham Zusi to reflect on a record-breaking campaign that resulted in a first-place finish atop the West and a run to the conference finals.
Sporting KC's highlight-filled season may have ended in heartbreak—the Portland Timbers emerged with a 3-2 aggregate win to stake their spot in the MLS Cup—but a look ahead to 2019 gives players and fans alike plenty to be excited about.
Bukaty and Augustine also heard from renowned soccer journalist Paul Tenorio, who touched on a variety of compelling offseason talking points.
- 4:21 - The hosts reflect on how entertaining the 2018 season was as Sporting KC set club records for goals, assists and shots.
- 8:13 - Matt Besler talks about the short offseason, the keys to a successful 2019 campaign and potential roster changes.
- 9:19 - Graham Zusi praises the impact of Sporting KC's newcomers
- 10:15 - Sinovic reflects on the best team he has ever been a part of and shares his disappointment of falling short in the conference finals.
- 13:21 - The hosts discuss the offseason with Paul Tenorio, including the lasting impact of Atlanta United's MLS Cup win, the growing arms' race among MLS ownership groups, improved facilities and infrastructure, increased spending on players, and other keys to propelling MLS upward into the future.
- 38:14 - Bukaty and Augustine preview the 2019 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League, where Sporting KC will face Mexican side Deportivo Toluca FC in the Round of 16 in February.
- 44:02 - Tim Melia and Roger Espinoza describe the excitement surrounding Sporting KC's matchup with Toluca in the Concacaf Champions League.
Listen to the full episode below.