The Sporting KC Show Podcast, dropping throughout the season on Sports Radio 810 WHB, is now available on Spotify and iTunes. With Nate Bukaty and Carter Augustine hosting the weekly program, Sporting fans now have a place to go to catch up on club storylines, player achievements, guest interviews and more.
A new episode of The Sporting KC Show Podcast debuted Tuesday night on Sports Radio 810 WHB with hosts Nate Bukaty and Carter Augustine, who looked ahead to Friday's pivotal match between Sporting Kansas City and New York City FC at Yankee Stadium and heard from a pair of prominent soccer guests.
The podcast featured appearances from Howard Webb, a former World Cup and English Premier League referee who now oversees the Professional Referee Organization (PRO) in the United States, as well as MLSsoccer.com analyst and former Sporting KC beat writer Andrew Wiebe.
- 5:30 - The International Champions Cup made a pitstop in Kansas City as FC Bayern and AC Milan squared off before a sold-out crowd at Children's Mercy Park.
- 12:40 - The newly launched Leagues Cup kicks off this week in the quarterfinal round, but plans to expand the tournament in 2020 have already been announced. The competition will feature clubs from both MLS and Liga MX squaring off.
- 18:50 - Influential midfielder Roger Espinoza made his highly anticipated return from injury in Saturday's match against FC Dallas, and he didn't take long to make a noticeable impact on proceedings.
- 25:30 - PRO's Howard Webb joins the show with Nate Bukaty, recording from the PRO offices in New York City. Throughout the interview, Webb discusses the various challenges of implementing VAR and increasing the quality of officiating in North American soccer.
- 41:30 - Andrew Wiebe, a Kansas native, joins the show to discuss a variety of league topics, including Sporting's position in the playoff race, how LAFC and Atlanta United FC have raised the MLS bar, the future of expansion and the keys for Sporting to remain ahead of the curve.
Listen to the full podcast below.
Sporting Kansas City (6-8-7, 25 points) will take the show on the road this Friday with a visit to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. Awaiting Manager Peter Vermes' men is a New York City FC side (8-3-8, 32 points) that has lost just four times at the iconic venue since the start of 2017. Kickoff is slated for 6:30 p.m. CT with live coverage on FOX Sports Kansas City Plus, FOX Sports Midwest Plus, FOX Sports GO, Sports Radio 810 WHB and ESPN Deportes KC 1480 AM.