In celebration of the club's highly anticipated MLS home opener on March 7, Sporting Kansas City has partnered with KCGameOn and Excelsior Springs Parks & Recreation to host a FIFA 20 Tournament at 6 p.m. CT on Friday, March 6 at the Excelsior Springs Community Center in Excelsior Springs, Missouri.
Fans of all ages are encouraged to showcase their FIFA 20 skills and compete for the chance to win two tickets to Sporting's home opener the following night at world-class Children's Mercy Park. The single-player, single-elimination competition will include a PlayStation division and an Xbox division. Fans are encouraged to bring their own controllers or consoles if they prefer and $20 registration is now open.
After clicking the link below, search “FIFA” and add to cart. Users must create an account if they don’t already have one. For any additional registration questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FIFA 20 Tournament will pack a festive punch with Alekzandur, Sporting's professional FIFA player, in attendance and playing guests in a free-play mode separate from the main competition. Additionally, Sporting Kansas City defender Jaylin Lindsey will join the party to take photos, sign autographs and play FIFA with supporters. The event will also feature a DJ and a food truck.
FIFA 20 Tournament
- 6 p.m. CT on Friday, March 6
- Excelsior Springs Community Center
500 Tiger Drive, Excelsior Springs, MO 64024
- $20 entry fee
- Register: Click Here
- Prize: Two tickets to the Sporting KC home opener on March 7
Tournament Rules & Format
- Single-player, single-elimination format
- Classic extra time rules if necessary (30 minutes of extra time followed by penalties)
- Clubs used must be 4.5-star and below
- Opponents are permitted to use the same club
- Stadium: Home club's venue
- Rock Paper Scissors to determine home club
- Home club selects kit first
- Half length: 6 minutes
- Skill level: World Class
- Weather: Clear