Fan voting is now open for Sporting Kansas City’s annual team awards, which will be announced at Pitch Black presented by Audi on Friday, Sept. 23 at Children’s Mercy Park.
Supporters can cast their online ballots through 5 p.m. CT on Monday, Sept. 19 at SportingKC.com/awards for the following annual awards:
- Most Valuable Player presented by Audi
- Offensive Player of the Year presented by Anheuser Busch
- Defensive Player of the Year presented by Brush Creek Partners
- Newcomer of the Year presented by Coca-Cola
- Goal of the Year presented by Parisi Coffee
In addition to the awards above voted on by players, media and fans, the following awards will also be presented by the club at Pitch Black:
- Golden Boot presented by Compass Minerals
- Neal and Jeanne Patterson Humanitarian of the Year
- Sporting KC II Most Valuable Player
- Bob Gansler Academy Player of the Year presented by Children’s Mercy
- Sporting Club Network Member of the Year presented by Price Chopper
First held in 2013, Pitch Black is an annual end-of-season event at Children’s Mercy Park in which the club welcomes fans alongside Sporting Kansas City players and coaches for a night of drinks, dining and live entertainment. This year’s celebration will take place from 6-11 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 23 and culminates with an after party presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City.
Click here for a list of Sporting Kansas City’s all-time award winners.