Soccer fans and animal lovers of all ages are welcome to attend the fourth annual Sporting KC Day at the Zoo on Sunday, May 6, at the Kansas City Zoo in Swope Park (6800 Zoo Dr., Kansas City, Mo.).
Sporting Kansas City stars Tim Melia, Diego Rubio, Johnny Russell and Graham Zusi will lead the fun-filled day at one of the premier zoos in the region, playing soccer with sea lions, painting with elephants and signing autographs for everyone in attendance.
In conjunction with the event, the Kansas City Zoo is offering $3 off the price of regular admission to guests that wear Sporting KC apparel.
Main events begin at 1:30 p.m. when Rubio and Melia take on the zoo's dynamic defender, Delilah the sea lion, followed by an autograph session with both players until 2:30 p.m. Russell and Zusi will paint alongside the zoo's elephant Picassos at 3 p.m. and sign autographs until 4:30 p.m. In addition, the Sporting KC futsal court will be open inside the zoo from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
2018 Sporting KC Day at the Zoo
- 9:30 am: Sporting KC futsal court opens inside the zoo
- 1:30pm: Tim Melia and Diego Rubio square off with sea lions
- 1:45pm: Melia and Rubio sign autographs
- 2:30 pm: Futsal court closes
- 3pm: Johnny Russell and Graham Zusi paint with elephants
- 3:30 pm: Russell and Zusi sign autographs