Due to a Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) ramp bridge deck replacement project starting on Friday night, eastbound and westbound I-70 will be closed at I-635 and traffic will be detoured.
This weekend, Children’s Mercy Park will host the KC Current’s regular-season match against the San Diego Wave on Saturday, and the United States Men’s National Team friendly against Uruguay on Sunday. Fans should be aware of these closures and plan their commute to the stadium accordingly.
With the project beginning this weekend, I-70 will be closed in both directions at I-635 from mile markers 418-420 through the weekend. Traffic near the intersection will be reduced to one lane.
Roadways reduced to single lane of traffic from 7 p.m. Friday, June 3, to 5 a.m. Monday, June 6:
- Westbound I-70, from U.S. 169 (7th Street) to I-635
- Eastbound I-70, from Turner Diagonal Freeway to I-635
- Northbound I-635, from K-32 (Kansas Avenue) to I-70
- Southbound I-635, from Orville Avenue to I-70
Roadways and ramps closed to traffic from 9 p.m. Friday, June 3, to 5 a.m. Monday, June 6:
- Westbound I-70, from Park Drive to I-635
- Eastbound I-70 at I-635
- State Avenue at I-635
- Kaw Drive, from 57th Street to Park Drive
- Southbound I-635 to eastbound I-70 ramp
- Northbound I-635 to westbound I-70 ramp
To help plan your route visit www.kandrive.org to map out your most convenient way to get to Children’s Mercy Park.