The Sporting KC Show, held throughout the season on Sports Radio 810 WHB, is now available on Spotify and iTunes. With Nate Bukaty and Carter Augustine hosting the weekly program, Sporting fans now have a place to go to catch up on club storylines, player achievements, guest interviews and more.
Gerso Fernandes was the star of the show last Thursday, recording a goal and an assist in Sporting Kansas City's 3-0 first-leg win over Deportivo Toluca FC in the Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 at Children's Mercy Park.
The diminutive winger was also the star of the newest Sporting KC Show Podcast, which dropped Tuesday night with the club's full broadcast crew joining the program.
Nate Bukaty, Carter Augustine and Matt Lawrence recapped the dominant season-opening victory—which resulted in the dismissal of Toluca manager Hernan Cristante—before welcoming Fernandes to reflect on his rampant performance and the keys to finishing the job in this Thursday's second leg, slated for 9 p.m. CT at Estadio Nemesio Diez in Toluca.
Thursday's contest will stream live in English on YahooSports.com and the Yahoo Sports app while airing live in Spanish on Univision Deportes. Sports Radio 810 WHB and ESPN Deportes KC 1480 AM will also carry local radio broadcasts.
- 3:50 – Sporting's masterclass performance caught Toluca off guard and required plenty of preparation from players, coaches and staff.
- 12:10 – A deep squad should help Sporting navigate what might be a three-game road trip, with a potential Champions League quarterfinal on March 6-7 following Thursday's match in Toluca and Sunday's MLS season opener at LAFC.
- 14:06 – The crew recaps Toluca's woeful run of form, which prompted the club to fire manager Hernan Cristante on Monday.
- 26:36 – Fernandes joins the show to reflect on last week's win, discuss the keys to passing a tough test at high altitude in Toluca, and the excitement and anticipation of becoming a father this summer.
- 40:25 – The hosts dig into a preview of Sporting's MLS season opener at LAFC on Sunday, slated for 7:30 p.m. CT on ESPN and Sports Radio 810 WHB.
Listen to the full podcast below.