Soccer fans and animal lovers of all ages are welcome to attend the fifth annual Sporting KC Day at the Zoo on Saturday, June 15, at the Kansas City Zoo in Swope Park (6800 Zoo Dr., Kansas City, Mo.).
Sporting Kansas City stars Benny Feilhaber, Jimmy Medranda, Tim Melia and Daniel Salloi will lead a fun-filled, family-friendly day of activities at one of the premier zoos in the region, painting with elephants, playing soccer with sea lions, interacting with penguins and signing autographs for everyone in attendance.
In conjunction with the event, the Kansas City Zoo is offering $3 off the price of regular admission to guests that wear Sporting apparel. Sporting mascot Blue will be at the event from 1:30-2:30 p.m. and the Sporting KC futsal court will be open inside the zoo from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The main events begin at 2 p.m. when Feilhaber and Medranda sign autographs before painting alongside the zoo’s elephant Picassos at 2:45 p.m. The duo will then join penguins for the refreshing Ice Shelf Experience at 3:15 p.m.
At 3:30 p.m., Melia and Salloi will take on the zoo’s dynamic defender, Delilah the sea lion, followed by an autograph session at: 3:50 p.m. Both players will then participate in the Ice Shelf Experience with penguins at 4:45 p.m.
2019 Sporting KC Day at the Zoo Timeline
- 8:00 am: Zoo and Sporting KC futsal court open
- 1:30 pm: Appearance from Sporting mascot Blue
- 2:00 pm: Benny Feilhaber and Jimmy Medranda sign autographs
- 2:45 pm: Feilhaber and Medranda paint with elephants
- 3:15 pm: Feilhaber and Medranda join penguins for Ice Shelf Experience
- 3:30 pm: Tim Melia and Daniel Salloi square off with sea lions
- 3:50 pm: Melia and Salloi sign autographs
- 4:45 pm: Melia and Salloi join penguins for Ice Shelf Experience