The Sporting KC Show Podcast, dropping throughout the season on Sports Radio 810 WHB, is now available on Spotify and iTunes. With Nate Bukaty, Aly Trost and Carter Augustine hosting the weekly program, Sporting fans have a place to go to catch up on club storylines, player achievements, guest interviews and more.
A new episode of The Sporting KC Show Podcast debuted Tuesday night at hosts Nate Bukaty, Aly Trost and Carter Augustine caught up with Meghan Cameron, Sporting’s Assistant Director of Player Personnel.
In addition to hearing from Cameron, who has held a vital technical staff role in roster and budget management since late 2017, the crew recapped a busy slate of international action and previewed Sunday’s all-important showdown between Sporting and the LA Galaxy.
- 2:00 — Sporting were 10 minutes away from emerging with a fourth straight win on Saturday night, but the Portland Timbers rallied late to deliver Manager Peter Vermes’ men a heartbreaking 2-1 loss. The hosts reflect on one of the most dramatic moments of the season.
- 6:50 — The crew breaks down Sporting’s path to the playoffs, which will likely require Sporting to acquire at least 12 points over their last five regular season matches.
- 13:00 — Meghan Cameron, the club’s Assistant Director of Player Personnel, joins the show to discuss her duties in roster and budget management as well as player development and scouting for Sporting, the Swope Park Rangers and the Sporting KC Academy.
- 16:00 — Cameron reflects on her career as a player, which culminated in a successful stint at Rutgers University, the same school Peter Vermes attended in the 1980s.
- 20:10 — After a sales job with D.C. United, Cameron continued her career in MLS as a player personnel coordinator, working her way upward in an eight-year spell with the league before joining the technical staff at Sporting.
- 26:50 — Cameron recalls some of the biggest moments during her time at MLS, including the constructions of unique player acquisition mechanisms and the overall growth and popularity of the league.
- 33:40 — Cameron tells the crew what she looks for in young players trying to make the jump from the Sporting KC Academy to the first team.
- 40:45 — Cameron says one of her current focuses is preparing for the 2020 season from a roster budget standpoint, noting that the league’s upcoming Collective Bargaining Agreement significantly complicates the task.
- 42:20 — The crew closes the episode with a preview of Sunday’s match against the LA Galaxy at Dignity Health Sports Park.
Listen to the full podcast below.
Sunday’s Western Conference clash will kick off at 9 p.m. CT with live coverage on FS1, FOX Deportes, the FOX Sports app, ESPN 94.5 FM and La Grande 1340 AM.