After two road matches to open the inaugural MLS NEXT Pro season, Sporting KC II is set to host their first home match of the season at Rock Chalk Park in Lawrence, KS. SKC II will welcome Houston Dynamo 2 to Rock Chalk Park with kickoff set for 6 p.m. CT this Sunday, April 10.
Below is a list of things all SKC II fans should know about Rock Chalk Park before attending Sunday’s match. Tickets are available for purchase at SeatGeek.com as SKC II looks to build on the momentum from last Sunday’s 2-0 victory over MNUFC 2.
ADA parking is available on the west side of the main parking lot across from Rock Chalk Park’s ticket gate.
ADA seating is located on platforms located across the top of the seating sections. Reserved ADA seating may be purchased at top of Sections D and E.
In accordance with MLS Best Practices and Rock Chalk Park security guidelines, clear bags measuring 12” x 12” x 6” or smaller may be permitted after a thorough inspection by stadium security staff. Fans should be prepared to open their bags for inspection and may be asked by security staff to shift and possibly remove the contents. All bags are subject to search and this inspection is considered a condition of entry.
Small Clutch Bags, no larger than 5.5”x8.5”, and bags required for medically necessary reasons may also be permitted after a security screening.
Backpacks are not permitted inside Rock Chalk Park.
Rock Chalk Park is a cashless facility.
Get full details for getting to Rock Chalk Park by clicking here.
Gates open 1 hour prior to the announced kick-off time for all Sporting KC II matches.
All ticket holders must enter through Rock Chalk Park’s main gate located on the East side of the facility.
The following items are not allowed at MLS NEXT Pro venues or events:
· Any bags larger than the approved 12” x 12” x 6” (all bags must be clear)
· Weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, knives, pepper spray, stun guns, concealed weapons and firearms
· Fireworks of any kind including, but not limited to, flares, smoke bombs, incendiary devices and pyrotechnics
· Illegal drugs or harmful chemicals
· Any missile or object that can be used as a projectile
· Aerosol cans or pressurized containers
· Professional camera equipment, including but not limited to, tripods, battery packs, large commercial video cameras
· Noisemakers, including, but not limited to, whistles and horns
· Laser pointers
· Remote-controlled aircraft or unmanned aircraft systems (drones)
· Selfie sticks
· Inflated soccer balls
· Beach balls or other inflatable items
· Animals (excluding certified service animals with proper documentation)
· Containers, bottles, cans, liquid containers, and coolers
· Umbrellas, strollers, bikes
· Poles/sticks of any kind
· Objects that obstruct another patron’s view of the playing surface
· Any other items deemed to be inappropriate and/or dangerous by the Sporting Kansas City II and Rock Chalk Park Security.
All tickets for Sporting KC II matches are digital.
Tickets for Sporting Kansas City II matches may be purchased by visiting SeatGeek.com. A box office will not be open at Rock Chalk Park.
All sections are general admission. All seating is first come first serve, including the chair back seats as well as space on the grass areas surrounding the field
In accordance with University of Kansas Policy, smoking and tobacco use is not allowed in Rock Chalk Park. This includes electronic cigarettes. No smoking or tobacco use is permitted within 20 feet of any part of Rock Chalk Park (fence, gates, doors, etc.). Guests who fail to comply with this policy will be asked to cease smoking or tobacco use. Those continuing to violate the policy will be removed from Rock Chalk Park.