Voting is now open for Sporting Kansas City’s 2016 team awards, to be presented at the club’s Pitch Black celebration on Saturday, Oct. 8 at Children’s Mercy Park. Media and fans can cast their online ballots through Friday, Sept. 30 at SportingKC.com/vote.
Pitch Black, presented by Mercedes-Benz of Kansas City, welcomes supporters of all ages to join Sporting Kansas City players and coaches for an evening of drinks, dining and live entertainment at Children’s Mercy Park.
Individual tickets for Sporting Kansas City’s premier annual event are available online at SportingKC.com/PitchBlack.
The Pitch Black celebration will recognize Sporting Kansas City award winners in the following categories:
- Team Most Valuable Player, presented by Soave Automotive Group
- Offensive Player of the Year, presented by Sabates Eye Centers
- Defensive Player of the Year, presented by Ivy Investments
- Newcomer of the Year, presented by Kansas City Marriott Downtown
- Goal of the Year, presented by Power Partners
- The Golden Boot, presented by Henry Wurst, Inc.
(awarded to the team’s top scorer in the regular season)
- The Victory Project Humanitarian of the Year, presented by Children’s Mercy Hospital
(awarded to the team’s most philanthropic player)
- Swope Park Rangers Offensive Player of the Year, presented by Rosnet
- Swope Park Rangers Defensive Player of the Year, presented by Platinum KC
- Bob Gansler Award
(awarded to an outstanding Sporting KC Academy player)
- Sporting Club Network Club of the Year, presented by Price Chopper
- Academy Affiliate Club of the Year