Through a special partnership with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) and Major League Soccer, service members, veterans and military spouses are invited to apply for a full-tuition scholarship designed to assist in the completion of higher education.
Operation Back of the Net is an annual program hosted MLS, SNHU and the United Service Organizations (USO). From July 3-7, every MLS goal scored in the U.S. will generate a $2,000 donation from SNHU to the USO. The funds donated aim to assist transitioning service members and their families with a successful transition back to civilian life. That transition often includes achieving their educational goals.
What is the scholarship?
Southern New Hampshire University, the Worldwide Education Partner of the USO, is offering one full tuition scholarship to a deserving service member, veteran or military spouse. The scholarship is designed to assist someone looking to complete their education but does not have the financial resources to do so. Examples include the following
- Active duty service member, either full or part-time, or a Veteran that has used his or her GI Bill benefits or has transferred them to a spouse or dependent.
- Military spouse looking to complete his or her education.
- The scholarship covers 100% of the tuition for any of SNHU’s 200+ online degree programs, books and other fees as a part of attendance are the cost of the student.
- The scholarship covers the tuition cost of one degree or certificate program and will not continue should the recipient pursue additional degree programs at Southern New Hampshire University.
- The recipient will need to remain in good standing with SNHU’s academic policies to remain eligible. The recipient must be willing to tell their story in writing and potentially on camera.
- The recipient will attend the appropriate local MLS game on July 3 or 4.
- July 3: Chicago, Houston and Kansas City
- July 4: Dallas, Denver and Los Angeles
- The scholarship is only applicable for SNHU’s online degree or certificate programs. These programs can be at the Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s level.
- SNHU’s online degree programs: www.snhu.edu/online-degrees
- The scholarship is not applicable for SNHU’s campus based or College for America competency based degree programs.
- Active Duty service member, part-time Reserve, or National Guard, a Veteran who served honorably, or a spouse of any of these categories.
- The scholarship recipient would be required to enroll within one year of their acceptance of the scholarship.
- SNHU’s online degree programs have terms beginning every eight weeks at the undergraduate level, and every 10 weeks at the graduate level.
- The scholarship does not have a cap on completion time of the degree program.
- Deadline has been extended to Friday, June 14
- If interested in applying, individuals can email their full name, email address, phone number, mailing address, military affiliation (service member, veteran, spouse), the degree program of interest, closest MLS market (of the cities listed above) and a minimum of 500 words on why education would help reach their goals to:
Tamara Sherrod: email@example.com
Southern New Hampshire University - Partnership Marketing Program Manager