UPDATE: TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2012 were announced today in Turin, Italy. Sporting Club CEO Robb Heineman won Executive of the Year. LIVESTRONG Sporting Park won Venue of the Year as well as the Community Award while Sporting Innovations earned the Product Innovation Award. Read more here.
Robb Heineman (second from left) and Cliff Illig (far right) with Sporting KC fans at Toyota Park in Chicago
Sporting Club owners Cliff Illig, Michael Illig and Robb Heineman are among a who's who of sports and stadium dignitaries at TheStadiumBusiness Awards night at the Museo dell'Automobile di Torino in Italy. The club representatives arrived on Monday for their two-night stay near the home of Juventus FC (who were recently crowned Serie A champions after going unbeaten in the 38-game season). Heineman, who is up for Executive of the Year at the 2012 awards gala, gave a special presentation on Tuesday focused on LIVESTRONG Sporting Park as the new model for engagement and entertainment and was featured in the event program.
LSP received considerable attention at the summit's conference and is a finalist for four awards (listed below), with the winners to be revealed at 3:30pm CT today! Click here to see comments on the state-of-the-art stadium in the organization's "Finalists in Focus" overview.
- Venue of the Year - Amway Center (Orlando), LIVESTRONG Sporting Park (Kansas City), Mercedes-Benz Arena (Shanghai), Forsyth Barr Stadium (Dunedin), American Express Community Stadium (Brighton)
- Customer Experience Award - Air Canada Centre (Toronto), Etihad Stadium (Manchester), LIVESTRONG Sporting Park (Kansas City), Amway Center (Orlando), American Express Community Stadium (Brighton)
- Community Award - LIVESTRONG Sporting Park (Kansas City), Aviva Stadium (Dublin), Miller Park (Milwaukee)
- New Venue Award - American Express Community Stadium (Brighton), Juventus Stadium (Turin), LIVESTRONG Sporting Park (Kansas City), Stadion Wroclaw (Wroclaw), National Stadium (Warsaw), Ulker Sports Arena (Istanbul), Forsyth Barr Stadium (Dunedin), Coface Arena (Mainz)
- Product Innovation Award - SPS Terraces (Intelligent Engineering), FAN360 (Sporting Innovations), Texion ETFE Cladding at Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin (Vector Foiltec), VisionSOFT (ANC Sports Enterprises LLC), MCG Smartphone App (MCG / NextDigital)
TheStadiumBusiness Awards annually celebrate achievement and leadership in the stadium sector globally. Follow @StadiumBusiness on Twitter for live updates from Turin!