The second part of Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes' offseason review with Josh Klingler dropped last month in the 10th episode of The Nutmeg Podcast.
In Part 1, Vermes reflected on a 2019 campaign that fell short of expectations and looked ahead to 2020, indicating that the club was very likely to add another defender, midfielder and forward before the new season kicks off.
In the fortnight that elapsed between Part 1 and Part 2, Vermes' words hit home as Sporting added Croatian defender Roberto Puncec and signed Mexican striker Alan Pulido on a club-record transfer fee.
This time around, Vermes reflects more on his own role as the club's manager, what he can do to help the team improve in 2020, Sporting's continued pursuit of players abroad and the ever-changing landscape of Major League Soccer, characterized by increased investment in the acquisition high-caliber talent.
Listen to the full podcast below.
Previous episodes of The Nutmeg Podcast
- Episode 1: Defender Seth Sinovic (Aug. 13)
- Episode 2: Midfielder Gianluca Busio (Aug. 27)
- Episode 3: Goalkeeper Tim Melia (Sept. 10)
- Episode 4: "Kitman" Mike Flaherty (Sept. 24)
- Episode 5: Midfielder Roger Espinoza (Oct. 8)
- Episode 6: Assistant coach Kerry Zavagnin (Oct. 22)
- Episode 7: Defender Jaylin Lindsey (Nov. 5)
- Episode 8: Chief Communications Officer Rob Thomson (Nov. 19)
- Episode 9: Manager Peter Vermes - Part 1 (Dec. 3)