Optimism runs high for a Sporting Kansas City squad seeking to bounce back in 2020 after expectations fell short last year. With Saturday's MLS regular season opener on tap against Vancouver Whitecaps FC, Manager Peter Vermes' men will view Week 1 as the first opportunity to make a strong statement of intent.
Ahead of this weekend's trip to Canada, Sporting Kansas City forward Daniel Salloi sat down with The Nutmeg Podcast host Josh Klingler of 610 Sports Radio to share his thoughts about the club's newcomers, a demanding preseason in Arizona and the many reasons for confidence going into the 2020 campaign.
Salloi was Sporting's Golden Boot winner in 2018 with 16 goals in all competitions and will look to replicate something similar this time around after a long, restful offseason.
Listen to the full podcast below.
Previous episodes of The Nutmeg Podcast
- Episode 101: Defender Seth Sinovic (Aug. 13, 2019)
- Episode 102: Midfielder Gianluca Busio (Aug. 27, 2019)
- Episode 103: Goalkeeper Tim Melia (Sept. 10, 2019)
- Episode 104: "Kitman" Mike Flaherty (Sept. 24, 2019)
- Episode 105: Midfielder Roger Espinoza (Oct. 8, 2019)
- Episode 106: Assistant coach Kerry Zavagnin (Oct. 22, 2019)
- Episode 107: Defender Jaylin Lindsey (Nov. 5, 2019)
- Episode 108: Chief Communications Officer Rob Thomson (Nov. 19, 2019)
- Episode 109: Manager Peter Vermes - Part 1 (Dec. 3, 2019)
- Episode 110: Manager Peter Vermes - Part 2 (Dec. 17, 2019)
- Episode 111: President & CEO Jake Reid (Jan. 3, 2019)
- Episode 201: Defender Graham Zusi (Jan. 14, 2020)
- Episode 202: Goalkeeper Tim Melia and defender Cameron Duke (Jan. 29, 2020)
- Episode 203: Forward Khiry Shelton (Feb. 12, 2020)